Setting a new course? Build your future with R-PCI Construction and you’ll see why we have an established reputation for “Building Integrity from Start to Finish™.”Contribute to our culture of exceptional performance and we’ll support your professional growth- we want to see you succeed. Apply today and find your tribe with us.
The Project Accountant is responsible for maintaining the integrity of project costs with an emphasis on subcontractors and client invoicing. Duties include any additional tasks as assigned by the Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Timely and concise management of Subcontractor accounts, including communication with Subcontractors and Project Managers, handling of joint check agreements, and balancing of Subcontractor payments with the current overall outstanding balances of second-tier vendors applied to each applicable job.
- Maintain current and accurate balances of Subcontractors and their second tiers for each job in order to prepare weekly lien waivers, and within five days of receipt of client payment by applying the “paid when paid” methodology.
- Maintain internal controls to avoid subcontractor invoices being entered into the company’s accounting system in excess of the subcontractor’s total contract value.
- Prepare second-tier status reports, lien waivers and payments, as applicable, to each job and state lien laws.
- Ensure all client invoices are accurate and complete, per client specifications.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to acquire and update vendor forms, such as W-9s and lien waivers.
- Assist with quarter and year-end preparation of financial statements, and other accounting functions as assigned by Controller.
Knowledge & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and exposure to ERP systems or comparable business software. Viewpoint Spectrum software experience a plus.
- Strong communications skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and disciplined multi-tasker.
Note: Salary requirements required for consideration
Apply by emailing your current resume and cover letter directly to: KateFox@R-PCI.com.