Controller Needed at Our Maryland Office
Ready to build a better tomorrow? Build a solid foundation at R-PCI Construction.
R-PCI Construction is a premier general contracting and construction management company based in Mount Airy, Maryland. Our best-in-class project management team focuses on serving the needs of blue-chip, bank, healthcare and retail clients in the Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas, and Florida. We pride ourselves on our culture of performance, working smart and doing the right thing. If this matches your personal mission, you’ll fit right in at R-PCI Construction.
We are looking for a Controller to join our team of bright, ambitious professionals. The Controller will be responsible for management oversight and control of all Finance and Accounting department functions within the Company including:
- Preparation and reporting of Company Financial Statements and Forecasting & Analysis
- Cash flow management; including timely issuance of client invoices and regular review of all Accounts Receivable (Open Invoices) and debt management and collection of all outstanding AR/Open Invoices, management and processing of Accounts Payable and Payroll Processing and Administration
- Management oversight and control of all Subcontractor and Vendor percentage-completion progress payments, issuance, collection and administration of all Subcontractor and Vendor contracts and lien waivers in keeping with Contract Administration “best practices” based on the multiple state jurisdictions where the company operates
- The Controller shall work closely with his/her peer, the Director of Operations who directly manages the Project Managers and Superintendents to complete projects; however, the Controller has ultimate responsibility and accountability for ensuring adequate Job Cost/Accounting Controls and systems are designed, agreed upon (by Senior Leadership Team), properly communicated to all necessary staff, implemented (staff training) and monitored for compliance.
- Improving efficiencies and controlling costs, including annual budget preparation and analysis
- The Controller is expected to manage the Accounting Department to perform, within 25 days following the end each calendar quarter, a Quarter-end close-out including necessary percentage-completion accrual entries
- At year-end, the Controller shall be the principal liaison between the company and the company’s CPA firm for the timely preparation of the yearly state and federal tax returns followed by Reviewed Annual Financial Statements and Corporate, State and Local Tax Filings and Returns and Administration of all corporate bank accounts
At a minimum, a Bachelor level degree in:
- Finance or Economics
- Business Administration
- Business Law
- A CPA designation is a significant plus
- Construction Accounting: 10+ years preferred
- Microsoft Office 365 – High degree of proficiency, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Technologically Proficient – Demonstrated ability to quickly learn/adapt to major Construction Accounting platform, Spectrum Viewpoint
- Clear, concise communicator
- Ability to mentor more junior employees
To apply, email your current resume and cover letter directly to: LindaParks@R-PCI.com.